|• Total||16.59 km2 (6.41 sq mi)|
|Elevation||463 m (1,519 ft)|
|• Density||27/km2 (69/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
The villages and hamlets of Dvorecko, Kotoučov, Prostřední Ves, Řeplice and Šlechtín are administrative parts of Bohdaneč.
Bohdaneč is located about 19 kilometres (12 mi) south of Kutná Hora and 58 km (36 mi) southeast of Prague. It lies in the Upper Sázava Hills. The highest point is at 546 m (1,791 ft) above sea level. The stream of Ostrovský potok originates here, flows across the municipal territory and supplies two notable fishponds in the area: Pilský and Karbanův.
The first written mention of Bohdaneč is from 1233. In 1514, Bohdaneč was promoted to a market town by Vladislaus II of Hungary, but lost the title after World War II. Dvorecko was first mentioned in 1487 under name Víceměřič. Kotoučov was first mentioned in 1525 and Prostřední Ves and Řeplice in 1381.
Šlechtín was a part of Prostřední Ves. In 1960, the municipalities of Dvorecko, Kotoučov, Prostřední Ves and Řeplice were merged with Bohdaneč.
The most important monument is the Church of the Annunciation. It was originally built in the Gothic style in the mid-14th century. Baroque modifications were made in the 1760s and in 1868.
- "Population of Municipalities – 1 January 2023". Czech Statistical Office. 2023-05-23.
- "Historie" (in Czech). Obec Bohdaneč. Retrieved 2022-04-20.
- "Historický lexikon obcí České republiky 1869–2011 – Okres Kutná Hora" (in Czech). Czech Statistical Office. 2015-12-21. pp. 1–2.
- "Population Census 2021: Population by sex". Public Database. Czech Statistical Office. 2021-03-27.
- "Kostel Zvěstování Panny Marie" (in Czech). National Heritage Institute. Retrieved 2023-06-30.