Hope you enjoy contributing to Wikipedia. Be bold in editing pages. Here are some links that you might find useful:
- Try the Tutorial. If you have less time, try Wikipedia:How to edit a page.
- To sign your posts (on talk pages, Articles for deletion page etc.) use ~~~~ (four tildes). This will insert your name and timestamp. To insert just your name, type ~~~ (3 tildes).
- You can experiment in the test area.
- You can get help at the Help Desk
- Some other pages that will help you know more about Wikipedia: Manual of Style and Policies and Guidelines, Wikipedia:Neutral point of view, Wikipedia:Civility, Wikipedia:What Wikipedia is not
- If you made IP edits before creating a user account, you can attribute your IP edits to your account at Wikipedia:Changing attribution for an edit.
I hope you stick around and keep contributing to Wikipedia. Drop a note at Wikipedia:New user log.
If a user blanks a page and doesn't leave an edit comment, the "blanking" comment helpfully appears. So, the user wasn't being helpful, the software was. JRP 16:25, 9 February 2007 (UTC)
- Yeah, I figured that was the more likely scenario. :) But thanks for letting me know--I hadn't seen WP do that before. Peter 20:32, 9 February 2007 (UTC)
Hello! I just wanted to give you a plate of cookies for being a Wikipedian. I hope your Wikistress gets better! :) Peace and Wikilove, Neranei 23:29, 27 June 2007 (UTC)
You're very welcome. Actually people interpret them either way. You could put "Real-life stress" or something like that in the caption, though, so people don't misinterpret. Regardless, happy editing! Cheers, Neranei T/C 19:33, 27 July 2007 (UTC)
- Sure enough. How weird. --Peter 20:48, 28 July 2007 (UTC)
Featured Picture Candidates
Although you opposed the image I put forward for nomination as a Featured Picture (Wikipedia:Featured picture candidates/Image:Selcuk woman.JPG), you were very encouraging in the way you did it - thank you. I took some of the advice you gave me, and nominated another photo - Wikipedia:Featured picture candidates/Headscarfed woman. Would you support its nomination? If so, could you please put that on its nomination page. Thank you for your support (and opposition!).
Also, I see you are interested in photography. I am only fourteen years old and of course an amateur, but I discovered a photographer about 6 months ago who truly inspired me to continue this hobby - the photographer Andrew Moore. Once you have looked through the hundreds of photos displayed on his website , I am sure you will feel likewise.
Kitkatcrazy 17:59, 3 August 2007 (UTC)
The color of the Sun
I just was reminded about my Mercury transit nomination and I reread your comment about the color of the sun. I've told you then that the color of the sun at an image deppends on filter, which was used, but I've never explained it. Maybe you'll be interested to take a look here.
Thank you.--Mbz1 (talk) 19:33, 6 December 2007 (UTC)
You appear to be eligible to vote in the current Arbitration Committee election. The Arbitration Committee is the panel of editors responsible for conducting the Wikipedia arbitration process. It has the authority to enact binding solutions for disputes between editors, primarily related to serious behavioural issues that the community has been unable to resolve. This includes the ability to impose site bans, topic bans, editing restrictions, and other measures needed to maintain our editing environment. The arbitration policy describes the Committee's roles and responsibilities in greater detail. If you wish to participate, you are welcome to review the candidates' statements and submit your choices on the voting page. For the Election committee, MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 12:58, 23 November 2015 (UTC)
ArbCom 2017 election voter message
Select Survey Invite
I'm working on a study of political motivations and how they affect editing. I'd like to ask you to take a survey. The survey should take no more than 1-2 minutes. Your survey responses will be kept private. Our project is documented at https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Research:Wikipedia_%2B_Politics.
I am asking you to participate in this study because you are a frequent editor of pages on Wikipedia that are of political interest. We would like to learn about your experiences in dealing with editors of different political orientations.